Summary of Address
- Government will change stance of discouraging wearing of face masks. Masks do prevent spread of virus. Reusable masks will be distributed to households.
- Schools to close from 7th April 2020. Childcare centers to provide limited services for parents who need to work.
- Most workplaces (non essential services) to be closed 8th April 2020.
- Work from home to be enforced.
- Daily tasks such as buying necessities to be spread out across week days.
- Gatherings are to be limited.
- Video calls & online communication is advised.
- Essential services will continue.
- Food supply is sufficient to last.
- DPM Heng Swee Kiat will announce additional support for businesses.
- Measures are expected to last 1 month.
Summary of Task Force Press Conference
- Just stay at home. – Minister Lawrence Wong
- Rise in cases need immediate action to control – Minister Gan Kim Yong
- Masks are encouraged. However, surgical masks are to be prioritized for frontline personnel. Reusable masks are advised for general public. – Assoc Professor Kenneth Mak
- School to close is a necessity as clusters are forming in schools. – Minister Ong Ye Kung
Transcripts / PDFs
MOE: School Closure & Full Home Based Learning
MOM: Additional Safe Distancing Measures At Workplace
Financial Services Remain Open and Available
SAF: More Stringent Measures to Defend Singapore